Insurance for Trades

Whatever line of trade you’re in, we’ve got you covered; with tailored insurance policies that protect your business.

Why do tradesmen need insurance?

Every day on site, you face a number of challenges and potential risks. No matter how careful you are, accidents happen. If you don’t have the right insurance cover, this could leave your business liable for significant costs and leave you with an even bigger headache.

The decision to take out trades insurance and minimise your risk is a no brainer, but choosing the right policy can be a nightmare. The nature of your trade, company size and associated risks all have an impact on what insurance plan you need.

Our team of advisors take the time to understand your business so we can find the level of cover to suit your unique requirements at a competitive price. We have access to multiple providers to source the right insurance plan – leaving you to focus on the job at hand.

What insurance do trades commonly need?

Public Liability Insurance

Whether you’re operating solo or running a team of tradies, public liability insurance is an essential form of cover. If property damage or a personal injury occurs as a result of your business activities, you could become the target of a claim. Public Liability Insurance protects you and your business against third-party claims which could potentially be very costly.

What about using sub-contractors? You may not be aware that subbys merely having an ABN is not enough to take the responsibly out of your hands. At the very least, anyone contracted to your site should have their own Injury and Public Liability Insurance cover. The safest option is to consider extra protection in the form of Workers Compensation cover to ensure you mitigate your risk as much as possible.

Workers Compensation

This insurance cover is your best defence to protect yourself and your employees.

As a trades business, you may call on sub-contractors to help with a job. Often, this can be someone you already know, who has the skills you need to finish the job. It’s a win-win situation when it all runs smoothly, but what happens if your ‘mate’ has an accident?

Regulations state that you are responsible for these sub-contractors as much as if they were your direct employees. If your subbie doesn’t have Injury and Public Liability Insurance and decides to make a claim arguing that they are a worker rather than a contractor, you could be in real trouble. The only way to protect yourself is through Worker’s Compensation cover.

Tools of Trade

As a tradie, you rely on the tools you need to do your job. So, it makes sense to protect those tools wherever you go. Whether you’re at home, on the road or out on site, we’ll take care of your insurance cover, leaving you one less thing to worry about.

Tools of Trade insurance covers your tools if they are unrecoverable due to a road traffic incident, or stolen – as long as they are kept responsibly locked within your vehicle.

Motor Vehicle

Get back on the road ASAP by opting for Motor Vehicle cover from our insurance advisors. If your beloved Ute is stolen, involved in an accident or causes damage to others, you’ll be covered and back to work in no time.

Business Package

It's a great feeling. Your business is thriving and growing – you're expanding your team, moving to bigger premises and investing in new equipment. This means it’s also time to think about upgrading your insurance policies.

Opting for a Business Package ensures you are combining everything you need under one cover. This package can include Public Liability, Personal Accident, Tools of Trade, Property, Glass, Theft, Equipment Breakdown and Business Interruption Insurance. 

Get covered

Get covered

We're here to help. A local, family owned Territory insurance advisor that works for you.